Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Augusta 70.3

It appears that EVERYONE is doing this race! Like honestly, almost every triathlete that I know is going to either be racing Augusta, or there volunteering. You know how much I hate being left out of the action, so I took the plunge and signed up for the race! Yay! I am MORE than excited! I have been pretty lazy since Gulf Coast, not really following any particular training plan with no "A" race scheduled for myself. It's good to have something that I actually HAVE to train for. (Technically I don't really follow any type of plan for sprints of Oly distance races!)

In other news I am going to attempt to race this weekend at West Point Lake. Yikes. So little race specific training usually equals lots of misery. The heat will be brutal I am sure. Olympic distance racing seems to be the hardest for me! No real goals for me, just trying to qualify for some Bruster's from Scootsie if I can make a certain time goal (a very ambitious one I might add!)

Come holla at me if you see me! Some of the Luna Chix will be there too! I will be at the Atlanta Tri Club tent after the race!

No comments: