Monday, January 12, 2009

Technology stinks!



Saturday I had a very specific workout on the trainer. It involved 5-minute intervals at 2-4 BPM below my lactate threshold. In order to do the intervals I needed one thing. My heartrate! The problem: NONE of my HR monitors would work! MY Garmin 305 and 201 weren't picking anything up. My Polar 625 was apparently dead as well. Keith said "maybe your hearts messed up". Um, probably not. But with four monitors at least one should work right? I decided to dig up my original Polar monitor, that was really cheap but didn't give me any problems. Old Polar watch with one button that only tell my heartrate and has a stop watch? That one works. I only wasted 20 minutes figuring everything out! Grrrr!

Technology failed me again on Sunday. I had the first brick of the season planned at Stone Mountain. It was miserably cold and I was under dressed for the occasion. I bought some hand warmers but they didn't get warm enough so my hands and feet were frozen solid. It's a weird feeling to get off the bike and start running and not be able to feel your feet at all. But it wasn't really awful, and at least I am able to look forward to warmer weather and blistering heat and humidity.

Next up on my list of things to conquer in 2009? Master's swimming. I am such a cold-weather pansy (they are swimming outside!) but I am considering starting tomorrow at 11 am. Or maybe I will just copy their workout and swim on the inside. We'll see!

4 comments:

:) said...

I love technology!!! :) But I have had those days too...

Kevin said...

Technology is great, but sometimes it can be a real pain when it doesnt work

JoeVic said...

We've updated PingFit. I've developed a crush on you and Keith since I've been working on and staring at your photos for 2 days now getting them to the best proportions we can for the pages. :)

www.pingfit.com

Danielle said...

OMG Joe! I have the exact same crush! Mostly with me and partially with Keith! :)