Thursday, February 26, 2009

To run or not to run??

Saturday is the Thrills in the Hills half marathon. It's a trail run, and I have never had the pleasure of racing a trail run before. I am trained for it, well, as trained as I can get, and I have run 11 miles on the trails, so I am pretty sure that I can manage 13.1 miles on Saturday. The problem? It's gonna rain. Plus my best friend in the whole world is going into the hospital Friday night and will be induced on Saturday. What to do???

I really don't want to run in the rain. I am a wussy enough about trails without the added danger of running when it's wet. I have never run on these trails before, which already makes them kind of scary.

Karen seems to think this labor thing might take a minute or two. I am pretty sure that I won't miss anything by running the race. But if I do miss it? That would really suck. Karen would be REALLY unhappy as I have committed myself to being there (as in there in the room, yeah I know!)

Does it sound like I am talking myself out of the race? I just might be. Can't figure it out right now! Too much going on!

2 comments:

stewart said...

if there's a chance you'll miss the birth of your best friends child....i say it's a no brainer.:)

Nat said...

She is being induced on Saturday? Hmm, really that could take awhile--especially if it is her first. I was induced with Beau and was already half way there if you get my drift when they gave me the meds for induction and it still took over 5 hours. Than again I had a 42 hour labor with Carmella so labor is definitely something my body does not do quickly. So you never know. . .

I ran in the rain today. It isn't my favorite but it is doable and can be fun and at the very least you feel a little bit tougher than you normally would.

Nope no help. Just make the call in the morning. There are a few other trail marathons coming I think.