Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Big Pimpin'......



Tomorrow I am leaving for Panama City Beach for my first race of the season! Woot! So very excited to get this done and over with. I had some pretty high expectations of myself but after my little stomach virus episode last week, I am not sure if I will be able to have the race I dreamed of having a few weeks ago. One thing is for sure: I MUST PR! That is my only real goal. Of course, I have goal splits that are written down, and a super-secret goal time, but I want to keep that super-secret for now.

In the meantime my bike is pimped out and ready to rock and roll! It looks like it will be hot, which is why the race is called "Gulf Roast" I have my Michael Jackson white glove that I will be wearing and filling with ice. Don't hate. It works. It also looks like the water is warm this year, and most likely won't be wetsuit legal. Of course I will bring mine because I know that these things can change pretty quickly. Chance of showers....I don't care if it rains as long as I am OFF the bike.

Good luck to all my fellow racers that will be out there representing their hard work this weekend! Can't wait to see everyone (too many people to even start to mention!) Look for me out on the course in my bright blue Luna kit!

4 comments:

Kate Parker said...

Good luck this weekend! Have fun!

Unknown said...

Good luck! Alex will be down to support you all! I'll be there in spirit :-D

Anna said...

See you down there Danielle! You are going to rock this race!

Kevin said...

Good luck. Have a great race