Monday, August 25, 2008

Gettin' lucky in Kentucky.....

I TOTALLY forgot about this shirt until I read something on Bree's blog about her "getting lucky in Kentucky". (I owned the shirt at one point, but gave it to a cousin in KY) I have to say that I am sorry that both she and Paul didn't have the races they wanted to have yesterday. But they seem like two people who really have a grasp on knowing that things happen for a reason, and that it's not the end of the world, it just sucks when your race doesn't go according to your plans.

That being said, this week is really about me focusing on my attitude and how if I can't make my body feel a certain way, I will really try VERY hard to make my mind feel as good as possible. Totally positive. Totally ready for an Ironman!

I am WAY too emotional right now. When I was watching Bree's interview with Paula Newby-Fraiser yesterday I could sense all the emotions and it made me cry! I am giving everyone a head's up....I am filled to the brim with all sorts of feelings, and I am bound to bust soon! So if you see me crying the morning of the race, don't worry, they aren't tears of sadness!

Today I felt like I could swim. My breathing is still labored, but now things are starting to break up, I am coughing more and there is some rattling around in my chest. Seems like that is a good sign. I am also sweating like crazy. Did about 1500 yards non-stop. Left shoulder was killing me, stupid ghost pains! When I got home there was a package for me and with a good luck message for me and Keith this weekend. I got so excited thinking it was a care package and when I opened it up it was just "Advanced exercise prescription" textbook. I was confused until I remembered that Henry (fellow triathlete) works at the post office! Thanks Henry!

I appreciate everyone's well wishes and I can assure you that if you can will yourself to wellness, I am going to do it!

Bree- I don't think you need any "luck" in Kentucky!!!

6 comments:

Kellye Mills said...

No worries! You are very much ready for this weekend! You've done all the work, now go have a wonderful day!! I'll be cheering for you the whole way!

Kate Parker said...

Good luck this weekend!

Unknown said...

I agree with Bree - you won't need luck, you've worked very diligently throughout the year and now all your efforts to this point have you primed for success in Louisville!

You rock, Danielle, and I'm looking forward to being there to cheer you on!

Nat said...

Go Dani!
I will be cheering for you!
Be strong!

BreeWee said...

I so HOPE I get to meet you this trip...

YOU can do this... just don't jump off your bike after riding 112 miles and try to run a 6 min. mile to catch back up (dumb mistake).

LOVE the shirt... let's do this, then go shopping for new shirts together okay!? We can totally find that shirt somewhere around this town...

AND I can not believe you saw that video!! I still didn't see it, but I know it had to be bad, I cried like a baby!

Unknown said...

So glad to see your Facebook status say you are feeling ready! Good luck this weekend!!!