Thursday, August 14, 2008

A lot to say but don't feel like talking.

I'm here! Just not really in the mood the talk. Things are going ok leading into the last three weeks before my IM. I did a 90/4 brick on Saturday with Keith, Michelle, and her friend David. I was thinking about how great it will be to stop at 50 like Michelle and David did! Sunday I volunteered at Acworth and it was great to see everyone who raced hard out there!

I am sure that most of you have heard by now that Keith's brother was killed in a motorcycle accident. Then his mother suffered a heart attack and was rushed into emergency triple-bypass surgery. Totally sucks. She is still in the cardiac ICU and will hopefully be transferred into a regular room and taken off the ventilator today. So my ear infection and sore throat? Not really that important at the time.

In other news Steven has kidney stones and his wife Tat is having her gallbladder removed today. Again, more sucky stuff. I am pretty bummed about all these people I care about hurting so much. I feel pretty worthless, but I am trying to help out as much as I can. Please keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time!

7 comments:

JoeVic said...

Please send Keith my condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his Mom and his family.


Joe E

StephB said...

I'm so sorry for Keith and his family and for the other folks too. I'll keep them in the prayer list too.

Kevin said...

Wow. Thats a whole lotta suckage all at once. I definitely can see why you wouldnt be in the mood to talk.

They are all in my prayers.

Tat said...

Thank you for being so kind! Recovery is 1 week, let me know ehwn you want to lay out by the pool :)

Nat said...

Dani, Please extend my sympathy to Keith. That is just heartbreaking.

Take care of yourself and the people you love. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Stewart said...

D, I'm glad Keith had you with him through all this. During a loss like this, just having people around means more than anything.

Unknown said...

Thanks Dani for all the support you have given to my family and to me while we are trying to get over this small mountain in our lives.

Also I would like to say Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and thoughts because they really helped.

Keith