Saturday, August 30, 2008

Let's do this!

This summer I have really struggled with figuring out if I made the right decision by signing up for IM Louisville. Every time I did a ride in the heat, with a lot of hills I was thinking " I should have signed up for Florida". But being here in Louisville, I realized that THIS is the race for me! The people here are SO happy that we are here racing, everyone is wishing us good luck. There are signs up at liquor stores, Churchs, everywhere wishing Ironmen good luck. The people here are so nice and this town has so much personality, Florida just wouldn't be the same! One of the things I am most excited about is the run, we go through University of Louisville's campus and they are playing University of Kentucky. It's a big game and kickoff is at 3:30. They warned us at the athletes meeting that there would be a lot of tailgating and things might get kind of crazy out there but I say BRING IT! I want the crazy energy!

I meet Bree today at the swim practice! She's just as sweet in person and she is on her blog! Have a great race tomorrow, I can't wait to see you out on the course!

We rode the bike course today. Lot's of little rollers, beautiful though, which makes it worth it. There are some climbs and of course, I am not the world's strongest on the hills, but I am confident that tomorrow I will be conservative and do alright.

It's blazing hot here! 91 degrees tomorrow. Lot's of humidity too. I really wish that Atlanta wasn't so mild these past couple of weeks. But I met a guy from Portland who was TOTALLY unused to weather like this. Felt pretty bad for him because it must feel like he's in a steam room right about now.

I haven't been sleeping well. Last night I was exhausted but there is a Worldfestival going on and they had bands playing until way too late.

Gotta run, Momma's here!

See ya when I am an Ironman!

6 comments:

Kellye Mills said...

I'm tracking you online and you are doing AWESOME!! Keep going Iron Woman!! :)

Kellye Mills said...

Congratulations Danielle!! You... Are... An IRONMAN!! :)

Nat said...

Way to go!!!!! Now, I am not so patiently waiting for the details. . . spill it!

Stewart said...

Glad I was able to be there for you guys. I knew you'd make it and your had a very smart race.

Unknown said...

*** WAY TO GO DANIELLE! ***

You are an IRONMAN(TM) - but you have a heart of solid gold!

I am really proud of each and every one of you - I feel honor being there supporting all of you! :-D

See ya soon, Dani!

Tat said...

You did it! Awesome! It was so great to share this moment with you. Thank you, Tat