Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy racing!

I just wanted to give a shout out to all the peeps that are racing this weekend! Seems like everyone has something going on but me! Tat, Steven, Hunter, and Dave are down in Mexico Beach Florida for a race. Tons of you guys are headed up to 96, South Carolina (what kind of name is that for a city??): Michelle, Sarah, Nat, Steph, Kevin, Kellye, and I am sure that I am missing someone. For those of you who are doing your first half: Nat, Steph, and Kevin: have fun! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Happy Birthday to my mom! She turned 39 for the 20th time. What did she get for her special day? A nice big colonoscopy! Just what she has always wanted! On the way to her house to pick her up I got a bad migraine out of nowhere. It was complete with throwing up three times and hiding under the parking deck to find someplace that was dark. Once my peripheral vision returned I was okay to drive mom home. Then my fingers, tongue, and lips went numb. That is usually the sign that it's almost over. Then poof! It was gone! Wasn't as bad as they have been before. At least I wasn't crying. I need to figure out what causes these things. I have never had them before this year. Sometimes it's caffeine, sometimes it's allergies.

To everyone else riding going up to the North Georgia Mountains to ride this weekend: be careful! We were planning on going but decided to conserve gas and ride from the house instead!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Thanks!!

I am hoping for a great race and to have a great time

Tat said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Amy Beth Kloner said...

hey girl... just wanted to comment about the migraines, as i also get them and know how crazy-unbearable they are. do you just normally suffer through them or do you take something. i take relpax or imitrex (you'll need a prescription) and that always does the trick. keep a couple pills in your car, purse, and at home.