Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Triple Tuesday

Today was just a total workout extravaganza. Three to be exact. Started off with a hilly run in Kennesaw. Why is it so hilly up there? It wasn't humid but it was hot for almost October. I ran up this wicked hill that was 3/4 mile long. I almost puked at the top. Always the sign of a good run!

Second workout was a swim. Total dud. I am apparently made of lead these days. This was my third swim since Ironman and it is my PROMISE to myself this winter to not let myself give up on swimming! It's just way too hard for someone who is a "non swimmer" to be competitive if they don't swim all winter. Got in 1000 yards. Not too terrible.

Workout number three was supposed to be a bike at Stone Mountain until I saw that there was construction work and part of the road was blocked off. Not wanting to ride in semi-circles instead of full loops I was in a tizzy about what to do. Okay, maybe that is an exaggeration. I easily could have figured something out but since Keith was there and about to run and I had on (clean) running clothes I decided that I would run again. Wha wha what? Two runs in one day? Yes I realize that this is odd behavior. I also baked muffins this week too. I think my body has been invaded by an alien.

Then after leaving Stone Mountain my gas light came on. I knew that peeps have had to wait in line for upwards of two hours for gas-this is something I am just not willing to do! My plan was to get up in the middle of the night and go to avoid a wait. But then poof!?! I found a gas station that 1) had gas and 2) had no line! Lucky lucky joy joy!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

That was one heckuva busy day. Hopefully we are coming to the end of the gas shortage