Monday, October 6, 2008

Emerald Pointe Triathlon



Suck. Suck. Suck. Suck. Suck. Goal NOT accomplished!

Swim: 8:03. It was a cluster bomb of chicks with 100+ in my wave. So difficult to navigate my way through the people, most of whom decided to stop and sight directly in front of me. That's the nature of 400 meter swims! Official swim time of 10:16 includes the hill and getting into transition. Not wearing my wetsuit was a bad idea. I was SO cold. The water was freezing. I felt frozen getting out of the water.

T1: Need to practice cooler looking transitions. Like shoes already on my bike. That's super cool. Fumbled with my helmet. Saw Steph and family cheering. 1:49 transition time.

So far so good. Goal at this point was 11:40 and I was at 12:05.

Bike: Freezing. Really cold. Snop dripping everywhere. I was quite uncomfortable on the bike. I passed lot's of girls within the first 3 miles, than it was nothing but guys. I tried but just couldn't get myself warmed up. My quads felt cold. Bike time of 36:03 and 21.6 MPH avg was slightly faster than I anticipated. It felt really slow out there to me.

T2: There is no way I made it out of T2 in 55 seconds like they claim. Something was sketchy about that.

Run: I looked at my watch when I left and knew I could make my time goal. Well, thought I could at least. My legs were still frozen and I couldn't feel my feet. I went out too fast and my first mile came in around 6:50. I felt like I was going to throw up. I slowed down a bit but stopped keeping track of my pace. I passed tons of guys and saw the lead girls. I only got passed once on the run. Apparently Sue writing "Go Faster" on the back of my leg was inspiring to someone! I felt sick to my stomach but seeing Keith, Dave, and Jim made me push harder. I tried to catch you Dave! I saw Olga and Tat while I was coming back in. When we rounded the corner to the finish line a guy said "let's sprint" I ran as hard as I could and we crossed the line at the same time. When the lady said "I need your chip", I said "I am going to throw up" I grabbed a trash can a did. Official run time says 24:48 but I have it at 23:50. Not sure who's right on this one.

Finish time: 1:13:40. 4th place age group. 12th female overall. Three minutes faster than last year.

Congrats to Tat, Olga, Dave, Keith, Jim, and everyone else who had solid races. Thanks to Hunter, Steven, and the Suob's for volunteering and cheering. Thanks to Steph and family and Kellye for cheering, it was good seeing you guys!

I am now in stealth-mode run training with Scoots. Gotta get faster for next season!

3 comments:

Stewart said...

go by your time. the run was a bit short.....shhhh:) my time was different as well....

Kevin said...

You did a great job. I heard someone else say the swim waves really sucked

StephB said...

You did an AWESOME job. You passed a bazillion people on the bike and the run. That swim was the problem. Next time, you must start in front!