Thursday, December 18, 2008

Are you following me?

At the gym on Tuesday I was in the locker room talking with Dana about Olga. Then in walked Olga. Then we were talking about the Suobs and in walked Sue! Yesterday I was at Performance talking to Keith about bike computers. I asked him a question and he said he wasn't sure, to ask the Suobs. So I left and there was Sue again! I was e-mailing Bob yesterday telling him Sue should see my friends at 1st Choice, and she was already on the way there! Strange coincidence? Probably not since we live about a mile from each other!

But do you want to know what is strange? Me getting faster without really trying all that hard. Of course I mean faster in shorter distances, but still, it is somewhat weird. First I ran around Stone Mountain last weekend. I was making my way around it when I realized that my time was much faster than normal, without nearly as much effort. When I finished and compared numbers, I ran it 4:30 minutes faster than I did a few weeks earlier! Things have been like that in the pool too. I was swimming 300's Tuesday and thought that I was counting incorrectly because they were so fast. I stopped and did the calculation, yes 6 x 50 IS 300 right? Then I swam two more and counted very intentionally and they were the fastest 300's I have ever swam, but with very little effort!

I guess this goes to show you that on 7 hours of training a week you can see increases in speed. Of course I don't imagine that I will be able to keep my speed up when my volume increases, but I will try. Interesting to see the relationship though. I think that my body is just so fresh right now, no fatigue from long workouts. Loving it!

Running the Virginia Highland 5k on Saturday. Join me if you love to suffer. 5k's hurt like a motha. Wishing for a PR!

No comments: