Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Seven for Seven in '09!



This is me trying to run on my Aunt's treadmill in her basement. The closest gym is 30 minutes away. Since it was 73 degrees it would have made the most sense to just run outside, but there are TONS of wild dogs and unleashed dogs and people generally drive crazy, running on the inside made more sense. I was trying to run to keep from gaining a million pounds. It worked because the holiday season only had me two pounds heavier than I was before. Yay! That's only 7000 calories which isn't bad considering I probably ate at least an extra 15,000 (Kentucky cooking is hard to resist!!)

I was fortunate enough to contract a very minor stomach bug that took care of holiday weight gain. That combined with my strength training has left me back in the negative. Woot!

I am extra happy that last week I went 7/7 and worked out every single day! Very little of that was spent triathlon training, in fact I only swam 1500 yards, spent 4 hours biking, and ran 13 miles. Things are getting kicked up a notch this week in preperation for Gulf Coast. It's 19 weeks away and I only have two pounds to lose to get to my "perfect" race weight. Since I started a new job at the Concourse I don't doubt that I will get there. I am spending a lot less time sitting at my computer screen and hours on my feet and demonstrating how to do things. I am going to start Master's this week too, if I can suck it up and get outside to swim. Pool....really warm. Outside air temp? Not so much.

Other than house remodeling (don't EVEN get me started on that topic!) things are pretty quiet with me. Totally pissed about the Falcons losing AND the Tech game.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Congrats on the new job. Way to go on the consistent training there is no doubt you will lose those 2 pounds.