Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ornery.

Sometimes we have good days and we have bad days right? Well some of you may know that my step-father suffers from dementia and lives at an assisted living facility. There are days were he is a total sweetheart but others, well, it can be a challenge to be around him. Yesterday afternoon while visiting him I was telling him that his sister has a birthday coming up on December 21st. I suggested that he send flowers. He said he didn't want to, and I told him that he could at least send a card. He got aggravated and said "why should I send her a card? She never does anything for me on my b-day?" (Totally not true! She actually flew into Atlanta for his birthday this year!) Trying to not point out his confusion but get him to understand that sending a card was the right thing to do I replied "George, I always learned growing up that two wrongs don't equal a right. So send a card." His response: " I am tired of hearing about your do-gooder horsesh$*!" What an ornery ole' coot. I laughed at him because there wasn't much else that I could do at that point.

Then Poncey in his infinite wisdom decided that the bush his sister Bella was sniffing was exactly where he wanted to pee, and he did, on her head! She and I are both unhappy about that one!

No comments: