Monday, December 1, 2008

Speed.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thursday I headed up to North Carolina to have Thanksgiving with my Dad and his family. On the way up there I was snagged by a state trooper and given a speeding ticket. Grrrrr, my 12th ticket in 10 years of having a driver's liscense! I know what you are thinking: lay off the speed! But really and truly I don't speed anymore than anyone else does. I just speed on road trips, usually on holidays, and always in the left lane, so I may stand out too much. What happened was that I was on the phone with Pee Wee getting updates on all my peeps that were running the half and full marathon. I was super excited for them and then all of a sudden Beyonce's new song "Single Ladies" came on. I started juking and jiving (a term my Dad likes to use) and before I knew it I was being pulled over by a state trooper. When he asked me if I knew I was going 85 in a 60 I said "I had no idea" and that was the truth! He was "nice" and made my ticket for 69 in a 60. Thanks. That's why I try to avoid driving on big trips.

So I was thinking that the fair thing to do would be set up a Dani is Dumb Speeding Ticket Fund. Everyone who ran the half should donate $2. If you ran the full you need to donate $4 because I was doubly excited for you guys. That should more than cover the cost of the ticket!

Enough about me, onto you guys! I want to say congrats to everyone who ran the half, especially those of you running your first (Olga and Steven). Tat ran her first marathon and rocked it! Nat PR'd on the marathon and snagged some hardware! Sue PR'd on the marathon course and Bob did awesome as well. There were a couple of ladies running post baby-which deserves special recognition because I can't imagine how hard that is!

My Luna teammate Michelle also ran her first 50k trail run this weekend. She won first overall! Way to go Michelle!

I am more anxious than ever about racing somewhere now!

1 comment:

Stewart said...

I guess I'm safe since I didn't run.:)