Sunday, November 23, 2008

You had me at footstrike #1

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love my new running aide. No, it's not an oxygen tank, as great as that sounds, it is actually a quite simple piece of equipment. It's this. Oh how I love this little knee strap! I have only used it twice, but so far with good results. Previously my left knee had major pain every time that I ran. Now it only hurts when I run really fast, and I think this little contraption is helping.

In other news, I am totally jonesing for any type of competition. I am dying over here! It's so bad that I am racing people at the grocery store down the aisles! Kidding, but you get the picture. Things are pretty boring in the workout department with nothing to train for. But I am also way too busy for anything too significant right now. I have started planning my 2009 race calendar and it looks pretty sweet. I will probably be running a half marathon trail run in February, and that looks like my next "race".

Totally random odd thing that happened to me: In class last week one of my professors asked me if I had a sister. I told him "no" and he said that he only asked because his neighbor and I look so much alike. I told him that "everyone has a twin" and he asked me if I was part Japanese because his neighbor was. What?!? Me Japanese? Um no. The professor is Chinese, which was so funny to me because he should know that I am not Asian! Funny thing is that this is about the 10th time someone has mistaken me for a ethnicity other than my own: Hispanic, Brazilian, Asian, I have heard it ALL!

I am watching the live Ironman Arizona coverage of the finish line. I miss the feeling of crossing that finish line and falling into someones arms already....

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I had a similar strap I use from time to time when my knee acts up. definitely works well

Stewart said...

oooh, i had jumpers knee when in college. not fun.:O(

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Like Stewart said... "Jumpers Knee". That's something hard to get rid of. I had that in high school and in College from playing Basket Ball.
How I got rid of it? Secret!
Nah! I went home to St.Croix and swam all summer long. I was told by the team Doctor My Vastus lateralis was not as strong as my Vastus Medialis in my Quads. Which caused my Patellar (knee or Patella cap muscle) to float on one side. And later on caused Brocitis or inflamation under my knee cap.
Contrary, someone else on the team had it and swam all summer long the following year. But still had Jumpers Knee.. My answer to my success...."SEA WATER". Way better than chlorine....