Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ironman Florida 2008

Iron Cheer Squad headed to Panama City Beach again to cheer for IM Florida's racers! KP told me that he was dressing up for the race and of course, I decided to dress up a cheerleader. Then he sold me out and didn't change into his Elvis costume until the race was almost over! Keith and I were all over the course, watching the swim start then heading out to put up our signage in the park then to mile 86 on the bike course then back to the run course! It was a lot of running around and a long day but it was totally worth it!

It was a totally perfect day for IM racing! Cool, water was calm and I heard that there wasn't much wind on the bike course. Congrats to Joe, Sudie, Scott, and Bree who PR'd the course. I think that Scott (with a wicked fast 9:35 for his second IM ever!) and Shelley (11:03, her first IM) may have qualified for Kona. I was really excited that Bree Wee was racing in super stealth mode and her sister tells me that she qualified for Kona too! Go Bree!

It was so much fun cheering for everyone else racing and the Atlanta crowd did totally awesome. Paul's parent's were out there with everyone's splits and signs for Joe telling him to "turn right!" It was funny! People really seemed to enjoy my cheering (or maybe it was the cheerleading skirt they liked). I of course, will be back next year, possibly with the skirt, maybe something different.

Pictures are posted on Flickr! Congrats again everyone!!

No comments: