Sunday, April 27, 2008

If you can't take the heat.....


This is what I call working up a sweat!

In an effort to become acclimated to the heat I will be racing/suffering in two weeks from yesterday, I am not using any air conditioning. I consulted with an Environmental Exercise Physiologist who suggested that I just not let my body get accustomed to the cooler air inside my house and car. So far so good because the weather has been pretty mild. Friday the house started to get pretty hot, especially when I had the dryer on because it spews out moist heat. Thermostat read 80 degrees when I got on the trainer for a two-hour ride. In the end I was SOAKING wet, like wringing sweat out of my socks and everything! It was disgusting! Then I went to shower and noticed that I still had sweat all over my shoulders. But it turned out to be little sweat blisters, probably caused by getting too much sun last weekend on my shoulders then the massive build-up of sweat from the trainer. How odd! They went away by Saturday morning.

No comments: