Monday, April 7, 2008

Pollenated

Keith's helmet pollen marks!


My sinuses are wishing that I lived in the desert right now. Or maybe the beach. Anywhere where there aren't five-million blooming flowers and trees. I have never in my life had allergies as bad as they are right now. My nose is on a constant drip and I don't stop sneezing until I take meds. My eyes get swollen and I have the most horrible headaches and pains behind my left eye. It really sucks. I can't take most allergy meds because they make me really dehydrated. The ones that work best have 325 mg of acetametaphin in each pill. I am currently taking around 1950 mg of acetametaphin a day and wondering how much longer my liver will hold out. At least I gave up booze right?


Training for this week has looked like this:


Monday: 1:20 on indoor bike

Tuesday: Off day! :)

Wednesday: BF had emergency surgery so I was at the hospital for 6-hours with her, no workout!

Thursday: 2500 yard swim, 2-hour trainer ride

Friday: Attempted a run, only got 4 miles before my pounding head forced me to stop, 2500 yard swim

Saturday: Supposed to run for 1:50.....only got seven miles. I thought I stopped the treadmill to tie a shoelace and when I hopped back on I realized it was still going! I caught myself but jammed up my wrist and it hurt pretty badly. I got off the treadmill and got on the bike instead.

Sunday: 2900 yard swim, 60 mile bike ride with Hunter and Keith. Almost had a heart attack on account of a RAT that ran out in front of me. The ride wasn't that great because I don't feel comfortable on my bike. I am pretty convinced my set-up has changed in the last year. My back goes numb and it gets really painful immediately. Normally my back only hurts if I have been aero for a long-time. If anyone knows the PERFECT bike fitter let me know! The last 20 miles I felt like I was going to throw up thanks to Clif Blocks. They blew their second chance, I think their too thick for me. Strong riding by my comrades.


Congrats to Dylan for his awesome Lavaman race! I can't wait to read your race report!

# of days until my first race: 6
# of pounds I am over race-weight: 3.5

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pollen begone!!!

Have you considered using dried fried, such as apricots, prunes, raisins, etc. in place of the more processed stuff? The main difference would be the added salt to the premade electrolyte replacement foods. Something that could be a issue for longer races in hot humid conditions.

Thanks for inviting me along with you and Keith - minus the pollen and the fact that your tummy was bothering you, it was a great having your company out on the trail.

PS- I had only worn that pair of contacts twice, that ride plus my run the evening before (in misty weather than should have reduced the amount of floating pollen)!!!

Danielle said...

Prunes on a bike ride?!? Probably not a good combo! :)

Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.