Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ready, Steady, Go!

I am totally packed and ready to head up to North Carolina tomorrow after school. My race is on Sunday and it's at NC State's campus which is only five miles from my dad's house. How convenient is that? He's already geeked out for me and printed up the course maps so we can drive it on Saturday and gotten directions to packet pick-up and the race start. Gotta love his enthusiasm! Sadly the bike portion of the race was shortened from 14 miles to 10.5. This is bad for me as biking is my strength. Ugh. Plus the race director just sent out an e-mail telling us that the water temp is only 60 degrees, about 10 degrees less than anticipated, so make sure to bring long-sleeve wetsuits. I am wondering if I will need a neoprene cap? Inside Out sports is where packet pick-up is so I suppose that I can always buy one there if I need to.

Despite having two dreams about the number 37, I am racer number 51. Pretty good number (I may have fudged a swim time, who knows?!?)

Shout outs are in order for my peeps Keith and Tat who are flying to Miami tomorrow to race in Nautica's South Beach Triathlon. It will be Tat's first tri and they're going in style to South Beach! Have fun guys!

Also Bob and Sue have made plans to seek and destroy anyone in their path in the vicinity of Irondale, AL Sunday for Powerman Alabama. Go get 'um guys!

Dana will be making girls whimper in Chinese this weekend in Chattanooga. Have fun and be careful!

For everyone holding down the fort in the ATL....train safely and hard this weekend and my Girl's Gone Wild DVD's came in the mail today in case it's rainy weather!

1 comment:

Kellye Mills said...

GO, GO, GO!! I'll be sending fast thoughts your way!!