Monday, April 7, 2008

Poncey poo-poo


Dog ownership challenges my patience almost every single day. I cannot imagine what child-ownership would do to me. I would probably lose all my hair and develop a nervous tick.


Yesterday while walking Poncey and Bella, the wonderful and amazing Poncey decided that he was going to ROLL around in a big pile of poop! I was TOTALLY disgusted with this act and horrified because he was covered in crap...it was literally caked into his collar and all over his head, neck and chest. I used some choice language that I haven't used in a LONG time and walked almost half a mile home trying to keep him from getting Bella filthy too. I tied him up outside while I went in to get gloves, towels, and rags. I wiped him down the best that I could and threw away his collar and name tag. Then I dragged him big butt inside and upstairs. I locked him in the closet while I ran a bath and he got in without me even asking-he knew he was nasty. I washed him three times and conditioned him once but was still convinced that he smelled. After I dried him I doused him in perfume (probably not a great idea but better than smelling crap).
This was all before 8:30 a.m. and my second cup of coffee so needless to say I was ticked.
I forgave the little turd-lover and ended up letting him sleep in the be with me, only after I smelled him about 10 times to make sure everything was cool.
Guess my Uncle Jimmy was right when he wouldn't let Poncey sleep inside at his house because "Dogs ain't right. You don't let them lay in bed with you. They waller in each other's mess." So true!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The look on Poncey's face in that picture is hilariously cute! Let's hope that the 'Poncey-poo' incident is strictly a one time thing!!!