Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Shoes

I knew that something was shady about my Asics the first time that I ran in them. They just didn't feel that great, and no where near as comfortable as my previous Asics were. My left ankle is substantially smaller than my right and my heel is constantly slipping out of the shoe. It drives me crazy to wear two socks on one foot! Today I had a 7-mile run sketched out for myself. Too bad that my left arch, achilles, and knee decided to make me upset. My general rule is to run two miles and if it still hurts then it is probably best to stop. My knee hurts like the rain is coming soon and also like I ran yesterday (I did a tough brick workout). I was pretty mad about having to abandon a run when I have been on such an amazing kick lately! I we nt directly to Big Peach to see what the heck they could suggest for my aching arch. I tried on a couple of inserts that just didn't work. They look at my shoe and said that it was all sorts of wrong. I knew it was a dud!

I ended up getting some Brooks Adrenalines. I have never worn this brand before but they were the only shoe that kept my heel from slipping out. So we will see.

I am accumulating a lot of shoes!!!

3 comments:

Stewart said...

ooh, Brooks are old school. I wore those in junior high. great shoes.:)

Unknown said...

Smart move going in to get checked out when you are feeling those kinds of pains. FYI - there is a method of tying the shoes, where you loop the shoes laces into the top two eyelets on the same side and then running the laces through those loops, which really clamps down on the ankle area. Sounds like the new shoes solved the main problem though, so it would likely be overkill.

Freddy Edney said...

The Adrenalines are excellent shoes. Right now that's my training shoes, because it fits my mid-foot and heel like a glove. All the other shoes I tried lacked the type of support the Adrenalines offered. Blog how it goes...