Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Because the little birdie said so!


My encounters with animals have been less than normal recently. First I saved two turtles two weeks ago while riding. Then last week I was scared by both a dog and a snake while racing in Macon. Yesterday I was at Target and found this little bird sitting inside the doorway. Poor little thing was breathing really hard and no one seemed willing to help him. I picked him up and gave him some water. Then I put him in some pine straw by a tree and told myself that I would bring him home if he was still there when I left. He was gone when I left. Weird.
On another note I am going to have a X-Ray done of my lower back. My pain and numbing issues have intensified. I can now only sit down for about 5 minutes without my lower back going numb. If I don't stand up them I will get pain in my left sit bone, hip and butt area. If I stay seated eventually the pain will travel down the back of my leg and cause my foot to fall asleep. Very disturbing. The minute I stand up the feeling starts to return. I don't know what to make of it. I ran for almost 12 miles with no problem on Monday, but I can't sit through one class lecture without squirming around like I have hemorrhoids. I am praying that it's nothing serious. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Tat said...

I am sooooo glad that it is not serious! Just do what the doctor told you(I know it's hard for some people!!!!!) and you will be back to 100% in no time. man, you will be a rocket out there!!

Tat said...

(not that you are nor SUPER fast now) :-)