Friday, June 13, 2008

Team Slaughter Scootsie

When Tat said that she wanted to relay a race with me and Olga (I would do the bike portion) I was game. I have NEVER had the chance to just blow it out on the bike! We decided on West Point Lake Olympic distance triathlon.

At some point Keith decided that he was going to sign up too and started talking junk about how he would beat us. Right. Team Slaughter Scootsie was born. The deal? Whoever loses has to buy the winner Bruster's Ice Cream.

Keith had this thing called "work" down in Tampa and thought he was going to miss the race (apparently people do this so-called "work" to pay bills?!?) but he's on his way to ATL now and pumped to try and beat us.

His time from last year: 35:53 swim, 20.96MPH avg on the bike and 46:57 (7:33 pace) on the run.

Looks like somebody's buying me an ice cream cone tomorrow!

5 comments:

Wes said...

Enjoy that ice cream ;-) I did West Point last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a bit bummed that it got moved up so far this year, and I have to miss it!!!

Tat said...

WE BEAT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I felt sorry for the team. :)

Tat said...

hmm, I find that hard to beleive!

Stewart said...

i must say how hard it is to race with no race planning. Driving, workng, then out of town again has to play on the mind and body. that being said y'all did an awesome job. I had fun watching all my peeps kick butt again. i feel like a rock star fan.:)