Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You can jump a high fence when a bull is chasing you!

There have been two times in my life when I have run faster than I ever thought was possible. The first was when I was being chased by a rottweiler, and the second was when I was trying to beat my mom who was riding next to me on her bike. Both times I looked down at Garmin and thought "Why can't I run these intervals on the treadmill?" Well, it's because of a little thing called motivation. I was pretty motivated to not get eaten by that dog and I was also motivated to try and chase my mom down too. I gathered up all the motivation that I could for my 1-minute VO2- Max intervals this week. I went to the gym and realized that it's been a good month since I have had to workout there. I am not sure how I will ever manage to swim in the murky La Fitness waters again after training all summer outdoors! Back to my motivation: the plan was to put the treadmill so high that I thought I would fall off if I didn't run. It worked! I was so scared of falling off the treadmill that I lost sight of the fact that it was so friggin' hard! I am not sure if I can apply this motivation to my swim training!!

In other not-so-related news the Luna Chix Beginner Triathlon Clinic was a success! I recognized Dogwood Girl, and it was great to meet you! It was so much fun to put it on and I hope that it was helpful information!

Let me know who all is going to be in Cartersville this Saturday for the ride....I am doing 100-fantastic miles, my first ever century! Never mind the fact that my longest ride this season has been 80 miles in January.....that's not relevant right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It has been a pleasure watching you progress through the past year, Dani. I'm confident that you will complete the century with energy to spare. :)

Nat said...

See you tomorrow. I might get brave and take a hand of the handle bars to wave at you as you pass me by.

Dogwood Girl said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out! It was nice meeting you, too!