Friday, June 20, 2008

I listened to you!

Well, I actually listened for once! All of my favorite healthcare professionals (Tat, Sarah, Dr. Hamid, and Tom) told me the same thing: don't train and go to bed early. After my ART/Gratson session yesterday I was feeling a little bit better. But I had a mild fever and knew that a bike ride may be a bit too much. I came home and vacuumed instead. I wanted to go to bed early but for some reason my exhausted body wasn't telling my mind to stop and sleep. I did manage to get to bed around 10 and slept for a solid 9 hours. And VOILA! I woke up feeling a million times better. I got in a 1.5 hour ride and a 2400 meter swim. Have I told you how much I don't mind swimming these days? It's because I am swimming at Venetian Pools. 50 meters! Outside! Lanes always open! Plus they have a snack bar with ice cream!!!

Tomorrow is a long brick and I know that it will be better because I didn't train on Thursday. It's amazing how taking one day off can curtail a potential disaster

I just talked to Steve Brown who is racing IM Couer D'Alene on Sunday. Water temp is 55 degrees, colder than it's been since 1875 due to the melting of snow on a nearby mountain that feeds the lake. They have hot tubs set up next to the swim exit for people to sit in a warm up! Steve said he hasn't done an IM since 2000 so don't expect anything special from him. Whatever, he's going to ROCK! I am also tracking Bree Wee in her pursuit of an IM Hawaii Pro slot at Japan on Sunday too! Go get 'um!

2 comments:

Kellye Mills said...

I am glad you're feeling better! Rest up... Louisville is right around the corner!

Tat said...

Good to know that my degree is not going to waste!