Sunday, May 25, 2008

Momma rides!

Imagine my surprise when my mom said that she wanted to buy a bike! I went with her to Performance partially for the support and mostly because I wanted the purchase to go on my Team Performance card. Mom's request for a single-gear bike with brakes on the feet was denied because that will limit her too much on where she can ride. Instead she has seven gears and hand brakes.

Today we went to the track so I could run and she could ride without any interference from other cyclist. Momma did much better than I thought she would! She didn't fall and had no problem figuring out how to stop.

My run was less than stellar. Turns out that circles are pretty boring. I eventually ending up doing some sprints. Ouch. With mom chasing me I got down to a 5:57/mile pace. My knee was hurting. Stadium stairs aren't as hard as I remember them being either.

Congrats to momma for riding five or maybe six miles. She is super-stoked that she doesn't have to wear underwear under bike shorts. She is now ready to conquer some "hills" and wants to ride at Stone Mountain. Watch out!

No comments: