Monday, May 5, 2008

The same only different....


Since my last race didn't go as planned, I wanted to be better prepared for Gulf Coast. So Sunday I woke up and ate the exact same thing I plan to for race day. I wore the exact same outfit (new Luna tri kit) and headed out to the Silver Comet. Last week after my long ride I ran six miles. My stomach didn't feel too hot, it was a mix of nausea and feeling really heavy. Bob was telling me about his race day nutrition and it sounded like a good idea so I stole his nutrition plan and tried it out for myself.
Things were going great until I realized that my bottle of perpetum was gone. I was not a happy camper because that was 250 calories that I was going to need to make it back in. Thank goodness I found it coming back in, randomly sitting on the side of the trail.
Spotted Reger riding with some people, and almost hit a big turtle coming back in. I thought about going back to get it, but then didn't have a good place to put it so I kept going.
I was really disappointed that it wasn't hotter. It was actually almost chilly. So I hopped off the bike, practiced a quick transition, and decided for some added heat I would put on my compression socks and Luna Jacket. Seriously?!? It was hotter than Haiti and while I was thankful that my stomach felt fine (thanks Bob!) I was pouring sweat and my jacket was soaked through after only 10 minutes. Boo-Yah Joe!
56 miles total ride.....let the magical taper begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thought I saw you out there Sun. You were on your way out, and we were already heading back. Didn't take the arm warmers off until mile 30.
By the way, your kit looks great!! I'll be chearing for you next weekend!!