Thursday, May 1, 2008

Something isn't right.....

It's a really weird thing to try and run in the "heat of the day" at the end of April, in Georgia, and it's not even hot! I went out to the hooch yesterday and got in 9.5 miles. I have forgotten how hard the hooch is on my anterior tibilias muscle on my left leg. I did feel good though, and I didn't hit the wall, which is awesome because I have been doing that a lot lately on my runs. Oddly when I finished running there wasn't a drop of sweat on my shirt. Not one wet spot. It was in the 70's but felt kind of cool to me (thank you heat training) and no Joe, I didn't have on a jacket! But no sweat?!? I always sweat even when it's cold! Weird.

My allergies are still out of control and after running I was on the phone with Tat and could hardly breathe! My throat felt like it was closing up on me and I was hacking up some serious grossness. My stomach started hurting which I think had something to do with all the mucus. I am over flowers and trees and everything else that has pollen on it! Meds aren't even touching the allergies and I am even choking while swimming outside! I am hoping that PCB will be allergy free for me because I don't like this crap at all.

For Freddy: The Brooks? Friggin' awesome! Very stiff and supportive. I could see where some people might think that they are too stiff. I am trying to move away from the heavily cushioned shoes and try to get as close to natural as possible. My arch feels much better and it was nice meeting you the other day!

Anyone wanting some open water swim practice!?! Head out to Red Top Mountain Saturday and meet us as 8 a.m. on the beach. Something tells me that the water will be cold, so bring a wetsuit if you have one.

Oh and who was the person that complained about Emory's pool being too hot?!? You aren't smart at all because they turned that sucker WAY down! This morning it was 50 degrees at 5:30 a.m. and the last thing I wanted was to see that the pool wasn't steamy and hot! Heat training people?!? Ever heard of it? Hot is the new cool!

1 comment:

Freddy Edney said...

I am glad the kicks worked out for you. It was good seeing out there. I saw Keith out there too looking like Superman as always.
I'll shoot you an update on my new newton runners when I get them.