Saturday, March 8, 2008

Dear Mother Nature,

Dearest Mother Nature,

I think that you are doing a really awful job right now. First this week you made it rain. I didn't complain about the rain because we are in a drought and everyone complains about how much we needed the rain so I felt guilty complaining about it raining. But it still made my leg hurt- a lot. I had to wait until the pain went away before I could run, inside of course, because it was raining. But I tried to keep a good attitude about the whole thing. Then on Thursday you made it 20 degrees warmer than it was on Wednesday. Again, I was thankful for the warm weather, but when I woke up and could hardly get out of bed, I knew that you had done something drastic and it was causing my leg to hurt. You see Mother Nature, my leg doesn't like all the switches and changes. It would really just prefer gradual changes in weather or actually none at all. Rain is the worst offender but I think we need it so keep giving us the rain as you please.

Today you pissed me off the worse with snow, rain, sleet, and a 30 degree drop in temperature. What are you thinking??? Are you drinking on the job? Watching too many YouTube videos? What gives? Not only was I in tons of pain today but I got a fat knot on the side of my leg to boot. I tried to get my long run in and had to abandon it for the bike. Ugh. If I knew who your supervisor was I would let them know about this! So please, please, stop with all the changes! I am begging you!

Sincerely,

Dani and my formerly broken left leg

No comments: