Tuesday, March 4, 2008

One year anniversary!


It was this week last year that I went to see my orthopedic surgeon and got the wonderful news: my leg was finally healed and I could start the process of walking on it again! I healed an entire two months ahead of schedule so this wasn't expected news and remember him telling me that I didn't have the wear that dreaded boot anymore, or use any crutches. I was so happy I called everyone that I knew to share the awesome news! Of course, it wasn't easy, and the walking part was SO very painful!! But I got home and took my dog for an hour walk and just grinned through the pain because it felt like I was finally free! It's incredible to think that in just one year I have gone from being on crutches and not walking to finishing three triathlons, one half-marathon, one 10k and one 5k! Many thanks to all the people that were so encouraging to me during my recovery and kind enough to run and bike with me when I was getting back into the swing of things! I couldn't have done it without you!


2 comments:

Kellye Mills said...

Wow!! You really have had a great year! And Ironman in August...You're going to LOVE it!

About the juicer... you basically just put juice in it. What I do is then put the banana in the blender and blend it all together if I want to add banana. It comes out a little frothy, but not smoothie consistency. However, you could then add ice to the blender and get a thicker concoction!! It is a really great thing and will DEFINITELY help you get in your 9 servings of fruits and veggies/day if you use it and drink them! As far as losing weight... think Fruits, Veggies, Whole Grains, Legummes, and either lean protein or soy. Those 5 things will get you where you want to be!!

Best of luck!! I know you can do it! Looking forward to following your progress!

Kellye Mills said...

Ok... I meant fruit in it!! It's already been a long day! :)