Friday, March 7, 2008

Team Luna Chix!


Pro Luna Tri Team


I am so very excited to announce that I will be racing as part of Team Luna Chix for the 2008 season! This is the first year that they have an Atlanta team and I haven't had a chance to meet all of the other members yet, but I know a couple (Tat and Sarah) and of course, our team captain Jenny Selan. We also have two honorary members, Kate and Jill who are preggo and will race with us next year! Team Luna Chix primary goal is to encourage women to get out and do something! We will be hosting clinics and doing weekly group rides and runs. Team Luna encourages women from all levels of fitness to become active-so don't be worried if you aren't super-fast and would still like to join us!

Another obvious goal is to turn people on to Luna products. If you haven't tried them yet they are wonderful, and although their labeled for women, I know men that eat them too! Luna is owned by Clif Bar and has the same really high standards for ingredients and quality. I will have plenty of samples in the near future for everyone to try!

Some team members are going out to San Franciso for Summit, three days of training with the pros and meeting with coaches and nutritionist. Unfourtunately it's the same weekend as my first race so I can't make it this year which is too bad because it looks like it will be really fun! I am a big fan of Heather Gollnick, who won IM Arizona and IM Louisville and races for Team Luna and would love to train with her! I will hopefully be able to make it in 2009!

More details about groups rides, runs and clinics as we plan them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.