Monday, March 17, 2008

Would YOU trust me?

Proof that the applications are off!!

Keith doesn't trust me to do certain things. He knows that I will hem and haw and wait to the last minute if it's something that I don't care too much about. Material things are of no importance to Keith. Drive his car? Sure. Ride his bike? No problem. Using his race wheels? Anytime. Getting his Starbucks order just right? Never!! So imagine my surprise when on Friday he told me that he was going out of town and I had to get his Peachtree application off! What?!? Me??? He made a really big deal about it, so I said okay, I understood he's all super-seeded special and needs that low number. Whatever. So Saturday after my 2:40 trainer ride from hell I went out and bought two early-edition Sunday papers. Of course I didn't have any stamps so my next stop was the post office. They were closed but the automatic machine was there ready to help. It would not take dollar bills! I managed to get $8.20 in coins thanks to a bag of quarters in the car. Then I went looking for the applications that were supposed to be in section G14. But there wasn't a G14!!!! I was pissed thinking that someone had STOLEN the applications out of the newspaper! Then I looked in the sports section and found them! Whew!!! At approximately 2:32 p.m. the applications went off, in time for 3 p.m. pick-up. I was actually pretty proud of myself for getting it done like promised.

I should have known it wasn't going to be good enough! Sunday Keith says "Did you make copies of everything you sent off?" Ummm....no...why? "In case it gets lost" Ummm....if it gets lost your screwed, what's a copy going to do? "Did you write down my estimated finishing time?" Ummmm...no there wasn't a spot for that, but I put a copy of your Buckhead Sizzler time in there. "I'll just get a copy of the paper and look for myself." "Did you put a copy of my drivers liscense in there?" Nope....I checked the website, they didn't need it. "Are you sure???"

I told you he didn't trust me!! Next year figure it out for yourself!!

No comments: