Thursday, March 13, 2008

Psychotic Mini-Breakdown.....


I am not one to normally just "take" things. But Hunter gave me one of these things to try and I liked it. So I bought a couple more . I drank one last week and it was great, just mostly Vitamin B12, no harm there right? This Wednesday I drank another little vile and about an hour later went to the gym. I ran seven excellent, fast miles with no problem. I then went swimming and about 1200 yards into it, my tummy started hurting. I made it to 2275 yards before deciding that I needed to stop. I showered, came home and Keith called to check in because he saw me leaving the pool, citing an upset stomach. I must have sounded a little confused, because Keith said he was coming over. I got up and got really dizzy. I tried to go upstairs but for some reason they looked too steep so I just laid down at the bottom of the staircase and that is where Keith found me. He made me go upstairs where I started picking things up off my floor and insisting that he vacuumed. Keith wouldn't vaccum my floors and that made me mad. He wanted to know what I had taken, so I told him and he dug the bottle out of the trash and looked it up on the Internet while I proceeded to spill a drink on myself and tell him that I had to stay awake and do "really important things". I wanted to call my mom but he said it wasn't a good idea. I kept telling him that this was like being high, but since the only high Keith's had is from running so he really didn't get it and thought that I was going all Britney Spears on him. I kept telling him that he could leave, I was okay, because my dog Poncey would take care of me. Then I talked some nonsense to Poncey for about 30 minutes about breaking my leg and what a good job he did taking care of me, etc, etc.
Things were quickly getting crazier and crazier until finally I got sick to my stomach, went to the bathroom, puked about 4 times and then out of no where my head got totally clear.
I walked out of the bathroom and said "Wow.....that was really weird wasn't it??"
I told my mom today who said that is sounded very much like a LSD trip she once had in the 70's and that Keith should have let me call her because she would have understood.
Lesson of the day: It's possible to become under the influence of Vitamin B12!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sold. I'm gonna order me a couple cases of that B12 drink on eBay! Glad you're recovering... I felt something similar when I downed four energy drinks and tried to drive to Vermont. Vertigo, antsy, exhausted and unable to sleep. Fun stuff!

Kellye Mills said...

Ok... note to self... no b12 energy drinks! That sounds really scary!

Danielle said...

FYI: I have been told that the above comment is spam and may contain a virus. Please don't click on the link. I have enabled word verification so hopefully this won't happen again!